ch-scene - Schoolkids Newsletter 5/22: Joe Pug Ticket Giveaway + Thanks to Oulipo + Upcoming Shows & New Releases 5/22

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Schoolkids Records" <schoolkidsrecordsnc AT gmail.com>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Schoolkids Newsletter 5/22: Joe Pug Ticket Giveaway + Thanks to Oulipo + Upcoming Shows & New Releases 5/22
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 22:01:06 -0400

SCHOOLKIDS NEWSLETTER MAY 22, 2012

JOE PUG TICKET GIVEAWAY &
THANKS TO OULIPO!
 We just want to start this e-mail off by once again thanking Oulipo and
everyone who came out for their wonderful in-store performance this past
Saturday. The band sounded great and we had a great turnout, so thanks again
everyone and I hope everybody enjoyed it!

We also wanted to let you guys know that we are giving away not one, but two
pairs of tickets to one of Schoolkids' favorite singer/songwriters at the
moment, Joe Pug, when he plays at the Local 506 on Monday, June 4. This
should be a great show, so if you want to be entered to win one of the two
pairs of free tix, just e-mail chillskids AT gmail.com with your name, phone
number, and favorite song of Joe's and you'll be entered to win one of the
pairs of tickets.

And, finally, a reminder of our upcoming in-store events: on Saturday, June
9th at 3 PM, we will host Durham band Delta Rae for a
signing/performance/release party for their upcoming debut on Warner
Bros/Sire. We will be exclusively selling the record early, so make sure to
stop by to get the record early, meet the band, and hear the band! Also, on
Saturday, June 30th we're excited to have awesome Raleigh band Toddlers for
an in-store performance at 2:30 PM. Fun times will be had!

Now on to the upcoming Cradle, Lincoln, and Kings shows, our best-sellers,
and the 5/22 new releases! See you in the store!

Schoolkids Records

SCHOOLKIDS BEST-SELLERSBelow is a list of Schoolkids' best-sellers from the
past few weeks.
This accounts for both CD and vinyl sales.

1. BEACH HOUSE
Bloom

2. JACK WHITE
Blunderbuss

3. BEST COAST
The Only Place

4. Bonnie Raitt - Slipstream
5. Spiritualized - Sweet Heart, Sweet Light
6. Trampled by Turtles - Stars & Satellites
7. Tedeschi Trucks Band - Everybody's Talkin'
8. Silversun Pickups - Neck of the Woods
9. John Mayer - Born & Raised
10. Tenacious D - Rize of the Phoenix

NEW RELEASES 5/22

El-P
Cancer for Cure*available on CD only*

Joey Ramone
....Ya Know?
*available on CD & LP*

: http://catscradle.com/ CAT'S CRADLE
UPCOMING SHOWS

5.23-ST. VINCENT
5.25-YANN TIERSEN
5.26-THE POLYPHONIC SPREE
5.26-ROCKY VOTOLATO @ LOCAL 506
5.27-THE PARLOTONES @ LOCAL 506
5.28-MOON HOOCH @ LOCAL 506
6.2-RIVER CITY EXTENSION @ 506
6.5-THE LONDON SOULS @ 506
6.8-THE CLEAN @ 506
6.8-PAUL THORN
6.8-THE CRIBS @ MOTORCO
6.9-DB'S ALBUM RELEASE @ MOTORCO
6.10-BATTLES
6.11-TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB
6.12-THE REAL MCKENZIES
6.13-THE BOUNCING SOULS
6.13-GARY JULES @ 506
6.14-DAWES
6.14-BRAVE COMBO @
THE CASBAH
6.15-ABBEY ROAD LIVE
6.16-THE CONNELLS/ DRIVIN' N CRYIN'
6.19-K. FLAY @ 506
6.20-LUCERO
6.23-BROTHER ESAU
6.27-LOS CAMPESINOS!
6.28-MOONFACE @ 506
6.30-DIRTY SOUTH FEST
7.7-SHAWN MULLINS @ CASBAH
7.10-ANDREW BIRD @
NC MUSEUM OF ART
7.12-GIRL IN A COMA @ 506
7.13-BEST COAST
7.16-CROCODILES
7.19-HANK & CUPCAKES/
THE BROADCAST @ 506
7.20-VALIENT THORR
7.21-TIM BARRY @ 506
7.25-THE TALLEST MAN ON EARTH @ HAW RIVER
7.27-DELTA RAE
7.29-THE ZOMBIES
8.4-LITTLE FEAT
8.7-BRANDI CARLILE
8.11-SEBADOH
8.12-MEWITHOUTYOU
8.21-BRIAN JONESTOWN MASSACRE
9.15-THE FEELIES
9.18-THE ADICTS
9.23-TWIN SHADOW
10.4-GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR

John Mayer
Born & Raised
*available on CD only*

Garbage
Not Your Kind of People
*available on CD & LP*

: http://lincolntheatre.com/ LINCOLN THEATRE
UPCOMING SHOWS

5.24-FLUX PAVILION
5.26-ZOSO
5.29-JERRY JOSEPH @ BERKELEY CAFE
5.31-STEVE KIMOCK
6.1-CITY & COLOUR
6.2-NAPPY ROOTS
6.7-THE DESIGN
6.8-THE FOREIGN EXCHANGE
6.9-METALFEST
6.10-FITZ & THE TANTRUMS
6.14-ERIC LINDELL
6.20-RAILROAD EARTH
6.20-PASSAFIRE @ BERKELEY CAFE
6.24-SAVING ABEL
7.6-JOHNNY FOLSOM 4
7.11-ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA
7.12-SONIA LEIGH
7.13-BERES HAMMOND
7.14-YARN
7.17-SLEIGH BELLS
8.4-LYNCH MOB
8.11-HOPE FOR HAITI
8.12-DOUG STANHOPE
8.18-MASTISYAHU
8.25-AMERICAN AQUARIUM
9.6-9.8-HOPSCOTCH MUSIC FESTIVAL
11.5-CITIZEN COPE

Tedeschi Trucks Band
Everybody's Talkin'
*available on CD & LP*

Gossip
A Joyful Noise
*available on CD & LP*

: http://kingsbarcade.com/ KINGS BARCADE
UPCOMING SHOWS

5.22-DAMIEN JURADO
5.24-DEATH OF HAWN
5.25-1986 PROM
5.26-OLD BRICKS
5.27-NONHORSE
5.29-GHOUL
5.31-CHERUB
6.1-ANNUALS
6.2-KING MEZ
6.6-WITCH MOUNTAIN
6.8-BASS DRUM OF DEATH
6.9-LONNIE WALKER
6.10-OBERHOFER
6.20-THE SWORD
6.21-LOWER DENS
6.30-BEAT CONNECTION
7.2-SOUTHERN LORD SHOWCASE
7.6-HAMMER NO MORE THE FINGERS
7.29-AGALLOCH

Schoolkids Records, Second Motion Records & Blurt Magazine - 2114
Hillsborough Street - Raleigh - NC - 27607

Subscribe to this newsletter:
Unsubscribe ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org:
Change your preferences:
Forward to a friend:
https://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/tools/forward.php?username=secondmotion&newsletter_id=1411347033&send_id=6457318905
https://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/tools/abuse_report.php?username=secondmotion&send_id=6457318905&email=ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

This email was sent using MyNewsletterBuilder.com.