ch-scene - 5 Rhythms dance Retreat Durham Sept 17-19

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Cassie Brizzi <elementsmove AT gmail.com>
  • To: elementsmove AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: 5 Rhythms dance Retreat Durham Sept 17-19
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 12:10:35 -0400

Hello there all you yoginis,
My name is Cassie and I wanted to share an event with you that might strike
your curiosity as body centered individuals.
The 5 Rhythms is a dance modality that was developed by
GabrielleRoth.com<http://gabrielleroth.com/>
This is a practice that has changed me personally in a very big way. Every
time I offer these events I see the amazing expansive facets of so many
dancers and I want to continue to share this beautiful work. Please take a
moment and take a peek. Feel free to share this email with others who might
be interested.

Be well and keep moving
Cassie

"Bridge Between Worlds" 5 Rhythms Dance Retreat By Sara
Pagano Durham,
NC Sept 17-19

*"Bridge Between Worlds"*

The Rhythm of Flowing teaches us how to drop into our bodies. The Rhythm of
Stacatto offers the teaching of opening our hearts and finding expression in
our dance. To drop in we go inward, to express we come out. It is between
these two worlds, our internal landscape and the external world, that we
will build a bridge to dance upon. This workshop is about coming home into
our bodies, and aligning our inner wisdom with how we engage in the world.
Authenticity & creativity; instinct & intuition; following this inner
guidance will bring us true freedom.

*Triangle Dance Studio*

(upstairs)

2603 S. Miami Blvd.
Durham NC (near RTP), NC 27703

Friday 7-9:30 Only $35 Drop In

Saturday 10:30- 4:30

Sunday 10:30- 3:30

$175 before Sept 1

after: $195.

for info/to register: Cassie

elementsmove AT yahoo.com <ann AT danceville.com>

(828) 545-3955

"Heart and Hands" Sara Pagano Asheville, NC Oct 15 -17

"Heart and Hands"

We invite you to dive into the teachings of the

5 Rhythms movement practice.

The Rhythms, Flow, Stacatto, Chaos,

Lyrical and Stillness are the gateways and

maps of consciousness, Physical mental,

emotional and
spiritual.

The Rhythm of flow, the foundation of the

5 Rhythms

openness, grounded in our bellies and

rooted through our feet. The teaching of how to be

fully here and now. This openness brings us to how

we express in form and shape though o

authentic movement. As we expand the edges

of our dance we stretch our bodies and our hearts,

opening the doorways of greater momentum and

confidence in the world.

Openness and expression, momentum and confidence.

Our fullest lives depend on this, The intigration of "Hearts and Hands"

can be moved intuitively if we are willing to step into our truest selves.

Studio 11

11 Richland st

Asheville, NC 28806

Friday 7-10 PM Drop in $35

Saturday 11- 5

Sunday Noon-5:30

$175 by Oct 1 $195 after

For more information contact: Cassie

elementsmove AT yahoo.com

828-545-3955

  • 5 Rhythms dance Retreat Durham Sept 17-19, Cassie Brizzi, 08/26/2010