ch-scene - Islands, Matinee's

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Islands, Matinee's
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 11:14:12 -0400

Hey Folks,

Only 2 weekends left to catch the show in Chapel Hill. Then, we are off to
The NC Museum of art for our finale.
Thanks to all those who have come so far.
Please help us spread the word.

We have added sundays, Aug 29th and sept 5th as our 2 matinee's this year.
They'll start at 3, with a pre-show at 2:20.

and the rest of the info to get and pass on is below.... Thanks!

***The DVD's of "I Am an insect", "the living sea of memory", and "Love and
Robots" have arrived! It's been a long time coming, but... look for them at our merch table at the top
of the house, along with the awesome new t-shirt from this year. They are $15. Insect is by donation only.

Paperhand Puppet intervention
http://www.paperhand.org/
proudly presents

ISLANDS UNKNOWN
To See & Imagine the Hidden Parts of the World...
in 3D!
Join us this year for an odyssey epic that will take us to the depths of the
imagination and the very ends of the earth. Our hero, a wandering young girl,
finds herself in A mysterious library that is being consumed by a rising sea
of information. Soon she is afloat, on a paper boat, with a goat heading
toward an adventure full of animals and beasts, mustachioed men and pirates,
monsters, furies, and even gods of the sea.

Don't miss this 11th annual giant summer puppet production featuring Giant
puppets, masks, stilts, painted cardboard, and paper- cut shadows all set to
live music!
All shows are for all ages and start at 7 with a different pre-show each
night at 6:20.
check out http://www.paperhand.org/ for new pictures and info about openers.

Forest Theatre in Chapel Hill
august 6, 7, 8, 13,1 4, 15, 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29 &
Sept 3, 4, 5, & 6 Labor Day.
General Admission only at the door
suggested donation-
adults: $12
kids 4-14: $8
3 & under: free.
no one will be turned away.

NC Museum of art in raleigh
Sept 10th & 11th
Tickets available online for the museum:
http://www.ncartmuseum.org/buy-tickets/
Or call 919-715-5923.

  • Islands, Matinee's, Paperhand Puppet, 08/26/2010