ch-scene - TONIGHT: Fat Worm of Error, VVAQRT, Yohimbe@All Day Records. also Sunday: WORK/DEATH, Irene Moon, Pharmakon, Ryan Unks, more @ Meadows ...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Ryan Martin <rymars AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: TONIGHT: Fat Worm of Error, VVAQRT, Yohimbe@All Day Records. also Sunday: WORK/DEATH, Irene Moon, Pharmakon, Ryan Unks, more @ Meadows ...
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 03:52:31 -0400

Thursday 8.26 @ All Day Records :::::

FAT WORM OF ERROR
VVAQRT
YOHIMBE w/ Yes! Sputnik

Fat Worm = Definitely one of the best live bands ever... I cannot
think of another band that sounds like this, they're seemingly made
out of contradictions : freedom + total control, polyglotism and
frothing dementia, hype and weird, plurality of voices as in LEGION
operating in the same 20 limbed form - lots of jumping around,
fluorescent theatricality, inside-out free jazz songs structured from
tightly-wound shards + shambles. total unification of the cultivated
and reptilian minds. They are very exciting,. Don't miss! Releases on
Load, Ecstatic Peace/Open Mouth, Resipiscent.
http://yeay.suchfun.net/artists/fwoe.html

VVAQRT = saturnine pop automatons from Saxapahaw. Alienating dance
floors, w/ on-point literary lyrics detailing facets of our modern
apocalypse. upcoming lp on HOT RELEASES. you have zero (0) answers
http://lmgrovllum.org/vindex.html

Yohimbe = debuting some new styles, live drums, other surprises! to
further espouse their idiosyncratic vision and lifeswork. hump the
amps. w/ VHS + digitized film mixing + projections by Miles Holst.
www.myspace.com/partywithyohimbe

All Day Records is at 112A E Main st Carrboro. 8:30PM
Bring some dollars PLEASE for touring Fat Worm

+++++++
+++++++++++++++++

also of interest, very excited for this on top of the FAT WORM ....

Sunday 8.29 @ Meadows of Dan ::::

WORK/DEATH (RI)
IRENE MOON (NC)
PHARMAKON (NY)
MOUNTAINS NAMED FOR MURDERERS (NC)
COWARDS (NY)
SKELETON WARRIOR (FL)

EARLY show 7:30PM / / bring money for touring bands

WORK/DEATH = one of the most moving / intense sound artists I've ever
seen - legendary style. do not miss if you are in the area and
interested in this kind of stuff at all. I think this is the first
time he's come through here ever. The set I saw of his in Miami at the
INC there wrecked me in the best possible way ... like, near-tears and
then this sudden ecstatic release! Righteous.

IRENE MOON = medieval chopped organ + deep voice, bowie rips, wren
fare music for the hypnagogic and bug-minded. check:
www.begoniasociety.org

Pharmakon is out of the same Far Rockaway house where Halflings,
Yellow Tears, Cathode Terror Secretion, etc do their thing - she makes
brutal power electronics and supposedly has a vicious shriek.
www.myspace.com/noisepharmakon

Mountains = new Ryan Unks project to supplant the the epic
noise/drone/metal of his Human Quena Orchestra - first show! Stacks of
amps is all I know. Everytime I've seen him it's ruled hard. Releases
on Crucial Blast, Utrecht ...
www.myspace.com/thehumanquenaorchestra

Cowards = cruel electro acoustic vibed power electronics.
http://www.myspace.com/cowards999

Skeleton Warrior - last minute additions, synth/drums party music that
I've only heard good things about, from the creatively fertile Tampa
FL
http://www.foxydigitalis.com/foxyd/reviews.php?which=4223

MEADOWS OF DAN
112 Hanna st