ch-scene - LOVE & ROBOTS! A Puppet Rock Opera

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: LOVE & ROBOTS! A Puppet Rock Opera
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 09:26:22 -0500

Greetings Friends,
We are gearing up for the launch of our 2nd annual winter show, and it is
very exciting!
2 venues, 4 weekends, and a lot of fun.
See for yourself, the rumors are true; www.paperhand.org has gone positively
positronic.
Read on for details below...

Tickets are available now from www.artscenterlive.org. in Carrboro Box
Office 919-929-2787.

PAPERHAND
PUPPET
INTERVENTION
presents
LOVE & ROBOTS!
A Puppet Rock Opera in 0's and 1's

Set in a not-so-far dystopian future, "Love & Robots" weaves an epic tale of
love, sacrifice, triumph and redemption... with, yes.... ROBOTS!
Our hero, Messenger, is a radical experimental design by a brilliant
underground roboticist. Through a series of serendipitous events he receives
a vision of the Divine, leading him on a journey that will change him and the
world forever.
Come get your circuits blown and your sockets rocked with this latest
production from Paperhand. This 2nd annual winter show features: smart
shadows, mechanical marvels, and plenty of puppets all set to an original
musical score by Jimmy Magoo and the PaperHand Band.

Feb 25, 26, 27, 28, and March 5, 6, & 7.
At the Carrboro ArtsCenter
All shows are all ages and start at 8pm.
There are 2 matinee's on Sun's @ 3pm.
Tickets available now (919) 929-2787,or online at www.artscenterlive.org

Then

March 12, 13, 14, 19,20, & 21
At Ourspace the Saxapahaw Community Center
All shows are all ages and start at 8pm.
No matinee's in Saxy.
Tickets are $15 suggested donation, available only at the door.

We hope you can join us for a robotic romp that will leave your circuits
humming.

Thank you all for your support, love, and attention,
The Paperhand Crew

  • LOVE & ROBOTS! A Puppet Rock Opera, Paperhand Puppet, 02/12/2010