ch-scene - Re: Stuff to do, week of November 11, 2009

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Stuff to do, week of November 11, 2009
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 23:03:39 -0500

Heh, it appears that in the years since Times New Viking first graced our fair region (and thus entered my database), their URL has lapsed & been squatted by some dude who put up a buncha sorta incoherent NAMBLA-style man/boy porn links & whatnot, but with his gmail address in big letters at the bottom. Presumably gonna squeeze some of that ill-gotten indie-blog-superstar wealth outta those poncey indie-rockers via embarrassing them with their own domain name.

Either that or it's one of those nutty Gerard Cosloy marketing campaigns.

Click their eponymous URL at your own risk; otherwise, hit myspace or matador's website:

http://www.matadorrecords.com/times_new_viking/

Thanks Jordy for the heads-up!

Ross

grady wrote:

Friday, November 13
Times New Viking (http://www.timesnewviking.com/)
Whatever Brains (http://www.myspace.com/whateverbrains)
Axemen (http://www.myspace.com/nemexa)
Local 506, Chapel Hill

I haven't gotten around to listening to the Times New Viking that's sitting on my hard drive. I've listened, a LOT, to Whatever Brains, however, and I'm in the 100% BELIEVER category when it comes to the WB. Arrive (and peak) early!