ch-scene - Troika Music Festival 2009—Big Thank you!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "info AT troikamusicfestival.org" <melissa.thomas AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Troika Music Festival 2009—Big Thank you!
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 13:43:43 -0800 (PST)

HI Folks,

Just wanted to take a minute to say Thank You to all of our artists,
sponsors, vendors, volunteers, fans and our core organizing group.

A quick summary of the organizing group that brought you this year=92s
festival:

Kim Novick and Maggie Morgan joined us this year and as first year
organizers these two put together our first ever Rock, Paper, Scissors
craft-rock n roll market. Thanks to all of the vendors and patrons
along with the effort and hours of planning it was a success. We are
all looking forward to next year and have received wonderful feedback
from vendors, patrons and the artists.

Chris Burzminski for Twitter, Bullbot Blog and sponsorship leg work!
The Burz, also played in two bands: Ghost Cats and The Pneurotics!
Yes, our organizers can multi-task. This is Chris=92s second year
helping organize the festival and we are very lucky to have Chris in
our core group.

Mimi McLaughlin=97is the bomb! When she is not organizing Troika she is
playing in The Pneurotics, being super-mom and circulating our local
music scene as a fan and supporter. Mimi was an incredible force last
year but this year with Kim Novick=92s help, worked as our Venue
Organizer. Mimi and Kim worked with each venue to communicate our
festival plans, build new relationships and helped plan one of our
best festivals to date.

Marc Lee and Savannah Ford=97unless you have been living under a rock
for the last 4 years you should know both or either of these wonderful
people. You can find them at many of our local shows, events and
festivals. You can hear Marc Lee on WCOM and Savannah Ford on WXDU.
I don=92t remember playing a local show and not seeing Savannah in the
crowd. Marc Lee is one of the first people I met when I came to
Durham. This was Savannah=92s first year helping as a Volunteer
Coordinator and Marc has been our man on the streets for a few years
now.

Kyle Miller, this year=92s Artist Coordinator, Churchkey Records co-
owner and local music supporter returned this year to help curate one
of the strongest line ups to date. Kyle is not only a dedicated
organizer but he works venues the entire festival weekend. So I am
pretty sure you ran into him somewhere and if you did not you might
have been fist-pumping next to him at one of the shows. This is
Kyle=92s second year and I can=92t thank him enough for his knowledge and
direction with artist coordination.

Alicia Loggie our other Volunteer Coordinator, 307 Knox Records co-
owner and local music fan returned this year to help pull us through
the final stretch. As we draw closer to the festival weekend all
those little details become really important and Alicia tied up our
loose ends. Alicia=92s first experience with the festival was running
around learning about Durham, meeting people and now she is an old
pro.

Zeno Gill returns this year to his seventh year of working with this
local festival. He created the bullbot last year and we/public asked
him to bring back the bullbot. Zeno along with Kyle creates our
posters, maintains our website and prepared the t-shirts for press.
This November marked Zeno=92s first full year of being a Dad! Zeno is
a corner stone of the local music community, he played with his band
The Sames, he runs Pox World Records, runs a home studio and is
someone I have always looked to for that =91second=92 opinion.

Alright all that said=85we started planning this festival in February,
opened submissions in March, closed them in June, hosted the Pin
Projekt in May and the festival in November.

To the artists, we say thank you for another great year!

To the sponsors, thanks for believing in our vision and supporting us!

To the volunteers who helped during the event, thanks for joining the
team

To the venues, thanks for making Durham the cool place to be all
throughout the year!

To the bloggers, media, djs and anyone who posted, shared on Twitter
and linked to us, thank you!

To the fans, well, we know our community has the best fan-base ever!!
Thanks for another great year

See you all next year. Check out our blog and website for updates.

Melissa~

p.s. we are always open to feedback so please email us at
info AT troikamusicfestival.org