ch-scene - Looking for Practice Space in Durham

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Ken Rumble <rumblek AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Looking for Practice Space in Durham
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 15:39:11 -0400

Hey folks,

New to the list, so forgive me if this is a faux-pas, but me and me
band-mates are looking for a new practice space. We're in Durham and would
like to stay there; looking for something secure; 24 hour access; 800 to
1200 sq. ft; obviously something we can be really noisy in 24 hours a day
(ideally.)

Aside from band practice a few nights a week, we do some art projecty type
stuff: set design/construction, costuming, painting, button-making, etc.
(hence the need for more rather than less space.)

Willing to pay, of course, and sign a year (and possibly more) lease.
Security, size, and price top priorities -- windows, heat/cool, bathroom,
elevator, etc. lower priorities.

Any tips/suggestions/offers/etc. welcome....

thanks a lot,
Ken

--
Check out my book Key Bridge:
http://www.carolinawrenpress.org/books.html

Reviews of Key Bridge:

Ron Silliman:
http://ronsilliman.blogspot.com/2007/04/i-know-ken-rumble-originally-from-his.html

Kevin Killian:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/0932112544/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_top/002-7537401-5750437?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books#customerReviews

And projects:

High Master! (viking rock)
http://highmaster.blogspot.com

NEXT SHOW! Saturday, April 11, 10pm, Pinhook, 117 W. Main, Durham!

Durham Has the Worst Roads in the World with Violet Rumble
http://durhamhastheworstroadsintheworld.blogspot.com

  • Looking for Practice Space in Durham, Ken Rumble, 04/08/2009