ch-scene - Re: Jandek in Chapel Hill

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Doug Sutton <creeksidedls AT mindspring.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Jandek in Chapel Hill
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 11:54:39 -0500

goylemjax AT yahoo.com wrote:
"Area's best?" Isn't that sort of an ass-backwards approach? If
you've listened to many of Jandek's albums, you know he's not exactly
backed by Julliad grads.

Well, on most of his albums, it's just him.

The musicians appearing with Jandek are top-shelf; I don't think that they are Juilliard-trained, but I don't have their CVs here in front of me.

It's a Jandek show; it's not for everyone.