ch-scene - Boat Burning, ODIST, Clang Quartet, D. Ferguson Sat 1/31 @ NIGHTLIGHT

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: andy fekete <andy.fekete AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Boat Burning, ODIST, Clang Quartet, D. Ferguson Sat 1/31 @ NIGHTLIGHT
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 16:53:59 -0500

Boat Burning is pleased to announce we'll be playing Saturday 1/31 at 9pm at
NIGHTLIGHT, 405 1/2 W. Rosemary St, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, with Douglas
Ferguson from Austin TX, Athens' ODIST, and Chapel Hill's mighty Clang
Quartet.

Boat Burning brings together musicians from Chapel Hill's Amps Do Furnish A
Room collective, Killer Filler and The Old Ceremony for intense live
instrumental improvisation using prepared electric guitars, cello and
drums.

Focusing exclusively on live free-form composition, Boat Burning eschews set
pieces, which means we are essentially working without a net each time we
play out. What you'll hear will be unique, created entirely in the moment
... and then after you've heard it, gone forever. Like so many good things,
the music -- spacey/edgy, delicate/brutal, noisy/beautiful "hard ambiance"
-- is totally, 100% ephemeral.

Directions to NIGHTLIGHT: http://www.nightlightclub.com/images/nl-map.gif

Get off the couch, get out, and live a little. You only go around once.

-A

Andy Fekete

Boat Burning / Amps Do Furnish A Room http://www.myspace.com/boatburning

Clang Quartet http://www.myspace.com/clangquartet
ODIST http://www.myspace.com/enjoyodist
Douglas Ferguson http://www.myspace.com/douglasferguson

NIGHTLIGHT: http://www.nightlightclub.com/

Google Maps link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?li=d&hl=en&f=d&iwstate1=dir:to&daddr=405+1/2+W+Rosemary+St,+Chapel+Hill,+NC+27516+(Skylight+Exchange)&geocode=CSwbVT4EcBkBFd73IwIdM5pJ-w&iwloc=1&dq=405+1/2+W.+Rosemary+St,&ei=dnh7ScqJN4nCNbOaqKUM

  • Boat Burning, ODIST, Clang Quartet, D. Ferguson Sat 1/31 @ NIGHTLIGHT, andy fekete, 01/24/2009