ch-scene - When heros fall... heed the call!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet <donovani AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: When heros fall... heed the call!
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:05:51 -0500

Dear friends,

My heart aches. It swells.
It contracts with grief and expands with love in the wake of the loss of our
brother, Kevin Brock.
He is woven into the fabric of our lives.
I am comforted with that beautiful intricate shroud on my shoulders.
Casting it off to stand bare and cry a river of tears.
Still, I know this cloak is there when I come in from the cold moonlight of
November, December...
I can hear his laughter as he patts my heart, as he always did, with such
encouragement.
I believe our community, all those who were touched deeply by Kevin's life
and death, now stand in the face of one of the greatest opportunities for
spiritual growth in our lives thus far.
Kevin has given us all so many gifts.
Feel!
That was his subtext in life and it is a doorway for us all to go deeper and
live more fully.
It is so easy to bullshit our way through.
I do it all the time but, I feel ready for a change.
Kevin's final gift, as he acheived Super Nova status and his energy and light
flew in all directions in the universe, or was called by god, or perhaps
spirited away on the day of the dead, was a challenge to each of us.
You get to choose how that looks but the challenge stands none the less.
How precious are those we stand by and love in this life?
Where do our passions and convictions lie?
In what ways do we seek healing for ourselves and this wondrous planet?
What are we called to do?
Now is the time.
May we have the strength of a lion.
May we know the peace of a river
May we posess the courage to be the change we seek.

With love and respect,
Donovan

p.s. Casey, Kevin's incredible wife, can recieve cards at 421-A Westwood Dr.
Chapel Hill, NC 27516 or email at soulfirestoker AT gmail.com

p.p.s. There will be a screening of a documentary of Kevin Brock by Enrique
Vega at the Century Center on Tues Nov. 25th at 8. Please pass the word and
come as we continue to celebrate his life.