ch-scene - Re: Big Thanks

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "info AT troikamusicfestival.org" <melissa.thomas AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Big Thanks
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 14:29:26 -0800 (PST)

Hi Everyone,

Thank you Mimi for the kind words. A week later I am just now getting
back on track!

We all wanted to extend a big thank you to all of you that attened
this year. As Mimi said there was a bit of disappointment with last
year's event.
The goal this year was to learn from those pit falls and work to
revise. Return volunteers, artists and festival goers helped to make
this year such a success.

Thanks so much!! In seven years the festival has grown and growing
pains are part of it.
We have so much to look forward to every year we plan this festival.
We welcome anyone who wishes to be a part of that.

Chaz took some time out to blog about this year so please take a
minute to check it out:
http://wnng.wordpress.com/2008/11/07/the-return-of-troika/#comment-63

If you get a chance drop the folks at Triangle Brewing a note and let
them know they helped us rock the triangle:
http://trianglebrewingcompany.blogspot.com/2008/10/troika-music-festival.ht=
ml

We also were named a fest to see by Ohmpark...a snarky blogger who
hates everything usually....
http://ohmpark.com/festival-coverage/the-final-fests-of-2008-cmj-voodoo-the=
-fest-troika-fun-fun-fun-nophest/

We had so much radio play this year on WXDU, WKNC and WSOE it was
great. WHCL covered the festival as well.
Support these stations because they support our local artists and we
love them for it.

The Indy, Southeast Performer, Shuffle, Dive and the Herald all
covered the festival. A big thanks to them.

The venues this year were wonderful. Each venue provided just the
right environment for each bill, it was pretty incredible.
Thanks to all the managers and staff at each venue for your support
over the festival weekend.

If you can share photo links please do we plan on posting them on our
site.

As always we are open to feedback and we ask that you send it to info
[at] troikamusicfestival.org so we can share it with all the
volunteers as
we debrief to start organizing for next year.

Look out for the 2009 Pin Projekt!

Thanks so much,
Melissa
Zeno
Viv
Morgan
Beth
Scott
Alicia
Mimi
Kyle
Chris
Carl
Marc
Wendy
and all of the volunteers for 2008

www.troikamusicfestival.org

On Nov 14, 12:52=A0pm, Mimi <mimik... AT gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I've finally recovered from the past weekend of Troika, and I want to
> send out a personal thank you to the music community at large.
>
> I was of the disappointed with how last year's Troika went, so rather
> than complain, or sit back and watch as other's did the work to make
> it happen this year, I decided to volunteer and get involved. =A0The
> planning started in March. =A0A group of volunteers met twice monthly
> for the good part of the year, and I can say from experience now, it
> took a lot of work to put this thing together.
>
> And I am happy to have done it. =A0This past weekend was so rewarding to
> me. =A0 People came out by the hundreds, every venue was well-attended.
> The music was awe-inspiring. =A0People were happy, and loving the
> music. =A0The weekend culminated in hundreds of people gathering at
> Broad St. for one hell of a party (that I don't remember all that
> well.... thanks Triangle Brewery for the free beer for bands).
>
> As a band, we had a blast. =A0Much appreciation to all of you who were
> there at Pinhook. =A0Big congratulations to the Pinhook, a Troika
> hotspot, for a kickass first weekend being open. =A0That venue is so
> good for Durham.
>
> I want to thank every person who came out, the bands who played, the
> radio stations who participated. =A0All of the volunteers worked really
> hard, and I appreciate you all. =A0 All parts of this whole community
> came together and made Troika happen. =A0It's a reflection of how lucky
> we are to have the wealth of talent here and really great people
> making it happen.
>
> Much appreciation and Love,
> Mimi

  • Big Thanks, Mimi, 11/14/2008
    • Re: Big Thanks, info AT troikamusicfestival.org, 11/14/2008