ch-scene - Big Thanks

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Mimi <mimiklem AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Big Thanks
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:52:40 -0800 (PST)

Hey All,

I've finally recovered from the past weekend of Troika, and I want to
send out a personal thank you to the music community at large.

I was of the disappointed with how last year's Troika went, so rather
than complain, or sit back and watch as other's did the work to make
it happen this year, I decided to volunteer and get involved. The
planning started in March. A group of volunteers met twice monthly
for the good part of the year, and I can say from experience now, it
took a lot of work to put this thing together.

And I am happy to have done it. This past weekend was so rewarding to
me. People came out by the hundreds, every venue was well-attended.
The music was awe-inspiring. People were happy, and loving the
music. The weekend culminated in hundreds of people gathering at
Broad St. for one hell of a party (that I don't remember all that
well.... thanks Triangle Brewery for the free beer for bands).

As a band, we had a blast. Much appreciation to all of you who were
there at Pinhook. Big congratulations to the Pinhook, a Troika
hotspot, for a kickass first weekend being open. That venue is so
good for Durham.

I want to thank every person who came out, the bands who played, the
radio stations who participated. All of the volunteers worked really
hard, and I appreciate you all. All parts of this whole community
came together and made Troika happen. It's a reflection of how lucky
we are to have the wealth of talent here and really great people
making it happen.

Much appreciation and Love,
Mimi