ch-scene - Great victory and a great loss

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet <donovani AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Great victory and a great loss
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 11:27:16 -0500

Dear Freinds,

Congratulations to all of us on the historic acheivment of our next leader.
May hope and courage to do what's right be restored.
Leadership, humility, and hope are a powerfull combination!

It is with huge sadness and disbelief that we inform you of the passing of
Kevin James Brock. A brilliant shining human who is servived by his wife
Casey, his family, and a tremendous community of friends.
He died in his sleep, undoubtedly a truly happy man, on Sun. Nov. 2, 2008.
Kevin was absolutly amazing is so many ways!
Kevin was not just an astounding drummer, he communed with rhythm in infinite
spaces. His music stirred the emothions of all that heard it unfold.
He was masterfull at communicating, through music and in his relationships.
Kevins' passion was contagious and he deeply inspired all of us.
We will miss you... more than that, we will work harder, to burn brighter and
be the change that he invisioned.
The hole left in the pit and in our hearts will not be easily filled, but we
commit to carrying the torch forward into a bright future.
May we all have the courage to seek truth, and live love.

On Nov. 6th there will be a feature on "Our State" on UNCTV at 8.
It is in aired in memory Kevin.

With love and hope,
Donovan and Jan

  • Great victory and a great loss, Paperhand Puppet, 11/05/2008