ch-scene - Re: Music on the CCB Plaza

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "martin hall" <mdhall005 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Music on the CCB Plaza
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 15:26:41 -0400

I just want to chime in and say kudos to all involved for these shows.
I finally made it out last week (twice) and was treated to some great music,
and got to catch up with old friends I don't see enough in person anymore.
The Plaza serves as a great place to see a band, and much to my surprize
sounds great!
Kudos to James Lee for that.

I heartily encourage all those from Durham and beyond to come out and check
out a show (Roxcetera this Thursday at 5:30pm!). It's a great way to spend
a early evening in late summer.

I emailed Durham Parks and Recreation director Rhonda Parker to express my
appreciation for the city putting on these shows. I hope they consider them
a success. While the crowds were not huge, I have to admit they were a bit
larger than I expected. Hopefully as word spreads, turnout will be even
better in the future. (If you have been to a show and would like to voice
your support I suggest you email as well: Rhonda.Parker AT durhamnc.gov)

It's funny, I had friends of mine who work in downtown Durham email on
Friday saying/asking:
"I saw you hanging out at CCB Plaza on Thursday on my way home/to the Bulls
game. What was going on?" Obviously, the word can be spread a little more
effectively. Which is what I guess I'm trying to do with this post.

And I second the confusion about Locopops' business plan. They were closed
on Saturday afternoon as well. Would have been nice to have a popsicle
[sic] to go with that late afternoon sunshine. Heck they could have one
person out there with a cooler if they don't want to fully open up the
shop. Right? Maybe? Oh well.

-5er