ch-scene - Music on the CCB Plaza

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Monkey Boy" <monkeyboythom AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Music on the CCB Plaza
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:02:47 -0400

It was good to see people at the show last night. I always wish there were
more people to see the shows on the plaza but it is indead a start where
there was none before.

I'm sorry I had to bail to go the Bulls Championship game but I could hear
Veronique Diabolique down to Pettigrew.

Though, a couple of things still nag at me but hopefully we can make the
connections and help people see the light.

1. Concurrent or same day events should reference the other events. I
know CGJ wouldn't have benefited from it but at least we could have snagged
some lost Dukies and out of towners who decided to drive to the ball game
and got lost up around the plaza. (Kick-ass bands and a baseball game for
only $10 + donation! No where else!)
2. Locopops, locopops, locopops. Do they even want to make money and stay
in business? I just do not understand the downtown business model where it
seems most restaurants and shops want to close when people are around.
Loco,
you got some 'splaining to do.

Cheers,
Thom