ch-scene - Re: Speaker cabinet Ohm Question

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <chris AT christophermrossi.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Speaker cabinet Ohm Question
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 21:28:09 -0400

It's not 100% clear to me how the output of the amp is wired, but my best guess is you should unplug the internal speakers from the 8 ohm jack and plug both your internal and external speakers to the 4 ohm jack. Both cabinets in parallel will be a 4 ohm load, so that's what I'd do.

A quick glance at the schematic of the output section would confirm or deny this is the thing to do.

chris

Rich MacGonigle wrote:
Hi,

You've all probably been asked similar questions a thousand times, so I'll
apologize right up front.

I have Koch Multitone 100W combo. The internal speakers are connected to the
8 ohm jack. There is another

8 ohm output jack, two 16 ohm jacks and a 4 ohm jack.

I just purchased an 8 ohm 2x12 extension cabinet. I want to keep the combo
speakers connected and add the external cabinet.

Which jack should I plug the extension cabinet into?

Thanks!

Rich..

Spacelab Recording Studio +1 919 403 5502
http://spacelabstudio.com -- My email address is 'cr' at this domain