ch-scene - Re: >This list is cool when it talks about music.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kelly <radiofury AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: >This list is cool when it talks about music.
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 04:39:49 -0700 (PDT)

Although I first
> heard of Benji from one of my employees, I'm finding more people in
> NYC and LA know about him than people in this area (although hopefully
> being on the cover of the latest issue of Shuffle will help change
> that.)

Yes the article was good. Did you read it... because it pretty much
explains why. He moved to LA, had a job that put him in the right
place at the right time. Not something that can easily happen here
because the Triangle is not LA or NYC or Nashville. I love it here
because it is not any of those toilets of human turds.

Now he's moved back to Charlotte, but the connections are built. It
also helps that he writes awesome tunes.