ch-scene - Re: King Kahn and the Shrines

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: King Kahn and the Shrines
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 12:56:39 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Thu, 9/4/08, Chris Rossi <chris AT christophermrossi.com> wrote:
> This list is cool when it talks about music.

cool music helps. it would suit me fine with me to only hear about cool psych
garage. everything else is just filler.

driving between graham and carrboro on 54 some months ago on a sunday evening
tuned into xdu, i hear this bitchin psych garage show followed by a bitchin
pysch noise show. i don't know if those shows are on every week at that time.
life is too chaotic to set aside specific hours in the week. but if my radio
sounded like that 24 hours a day, i could just go ahead and implant a
receiver in my head.

3