ch-scene - Re: Stuff to do, week of August 23, 2008

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Stuff to do, week of August 23, 2008
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:33:15 -0700 (PDT)

>>>Don't forget, as well, about the "secondhand freespace" panel discussion
>>>series at Local 506, kicking off this Wednesday the 27th with a discussion
>>>about booking.

Thanks for the plug Ross. In addition to the ShFs event that takes
place tonight (7:30pm/Local 506), I've also posted some stuff on the
blog section of our myspace page. One link is to an "article" called
'How Not To Get Your Band Booked' - which makes a lot of the points I
tend to reiterate on amch and other places. Although I'm not in 100%
agreement with every point and definitely think it could have been
written more succinctly, I do think it's a good jumping off point for
tonight's discussion. Check it out at:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=394694298