ch-scene - House Show Friday 8/29 w/ Pink Flag, Resist Not, Let Me Crazy and

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "betsyshane AT gmail.com" <betsyshane AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: House Show Friday 8/29 w/ Pink Flag, Resist Not, Let Me Crazy and
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 08:00:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Hey Everyone!

If you're looking for something to do this Friday in Durham, then look
no further than
The Stately (2611 Stuart Dr)

This week we are playing host to:

Resist Not (myspace.com/resistnot), Against-Me-esque pop-tastic social
commentary and condemnation. You know these boys and you love them.
And you know Ward is never gonna sell out and play a tour sponsored by
Toyota ;).

Let Me Crazy (http://www.myspace.com/lessthancrazy), a band who has
gone through many incarnations, including one in which I played bass.
Fortunately, they are now out of the lamer of those incarnations and
closer to the ultimate goal-- the 18-wheeler, alcohol possibly
involved collision of the Beach Boys and the Ventures, featuring ex-
members of ASOB and Bomb the Music Industry, from Queens and Long
Island.

Playing Dead (myspace.com/playingdead) are on tour with my Let Me
Crazy. I don't know them but I'm sure they're very nice. Their music
sounds a hardworking pop punk band from Long Island.

Pink Flag (myspace.com/pinkflagnc) are my band, so instead of saying
nice things about us I'm gonna tell you some nice things other people
have said about us.
"It was so sloppy. It was so punk rock" - Bob Ducker.
"Like Le Tigre. Except not." -Louis Erazo
"These ladies are the shit, for reals, and that is nothing but the
straight dope, yo." - Rusty Sutton

Speaking of Rusty Sutton, if you are planning on going to Cy Rawls'
show and are milling around wondering what to do, Rat Jackson's
playing the Cave starting around 11:30 so you'll have more rock than
you can handle.

But you know, if you wanna hang out with us cool kids in Durham at a
TOTALLY FREE (except for the BTF tax-- Beer, toilet paper or food,
bring one or donate to the cause), house show with some rocking tunes
and a lot of really fun people...then hit up the STATELY!

Again.
Friday 8/29.
The Stately @ 2611 Stuart Drive
Music begins at 8:30
FREE -- but we appreciate food, alcohol and toilet paper.
Your mom can pick you up at 12, unless you wanna PARTY.

<3
bs

p.s. I'm sorry if you get this more than once.

p.p.s. we will be giving away some appliances. so bring your lucky
charm.

  • House Show Friday 8/29 w/ Pink Flag, Resist Not, Let Me Crazy and, betsyshane AT gmail.com, 08/28/2008