ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of July 12, 2008

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of July 12, 2008
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 13:34:59 -0400

I don't think they've ever had a show outside there before, so it's uncharted territory. All the other outdoor Duke Performances shows, the ones at Duke Gardens, have featured a tent on a patio, a bunch of folding chairs provided, and an ample lawn where folks set up a mix of their own lawn chairs & blankets.

I'm still not entirely clear on which side of the Nasher this is happening at, and where the stage is gonna be (the Nasher's on a hill, sort of, so there's some slope action to contend with).

Assuming an even modest turnout of indie-rock kids, you'll probably need to stand up if you plan to be able to see, though.

Ross

p.s. one note: my tickets say 7:00 but the website says 8:00, so I'm assuming doors at 7:00.

Ron Thigpen wrote:
grady wrote:
Saturday, July 12
Les Savy Fav (http://www.lessavyfav.com)
Nasher Museum of Art, Durham

But for the record: the show will be outdoors on the lawn behind the Nasher.

Does anyone know what the audience situation is like on the lawn? Is this a standing thing, a blanket thing, a bring yr beach chair thing or a folding chairs provided thing?

Thanks,