ch-scene - Re: Butthole Surfers

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: clarqoline AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Butthole Surfers
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:34:03 -0700 (PDT)

The addition of the kids was the big X-factor in the arrangement of
the songs. Some of the overdubed parts from the records that were
left out for live shows in the past were played by the extra kids,
including some guitar harmony parts that I think were actually just
pitch shifted or harmonizers on the record. They also let the kids
rip a lot of solos, which were amazingly Leary-esque. We were really
impressed. The intensity of having that many guitars or whatever at
once was also a really cool effect.