ch-scene - Re: Trekky Records presents: LIVE! from Trekky House

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Will Hackney <willhack15 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Trekky Records presents: LIVE! from Trekky House
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 09:49:51 -0700 (PDT)

This week's video is from Butterflies, which is the band led by Josh
Kimbrough. Josh played in Chapel Hill with bands Straight No Chaser
and Westfalia before moving to Greensboro and starting Mortar and
Pestle. He's now been back in CH for a year and writing amazing stuff
under the name Butterflies. This one's gorgeous, Josh playing by
himself in a decimated forest. Hiya:

http://www.imeem.com/trekkyrecords/video/wytAf5nb/live_from_trekky_house_but=
terflies_music_video/

On Jun 16, 12:47=A0pm, Will Hackney <willhac... AT gmail.com> wrote:
> This one's from Wil Donegan, a relative newcomer to the local scene.
> He's an amazing songwriter and lyricists and when he plays live he's
> usually backed by The Apologies. Check it:
>
> http://www.imeem.com/trekkyrecords/video/oLYVSo2h/live_from_trekky_ho...
>
> On Jun 3, 9:50=A0am, Will Hackney <willhac... AT gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Argh! I'm a day late, but here's number 3: Vibrant Green. VG is made
> > up of 3 brothers and have been playing around in NC for almost a
> > decade now. Whoa.
>
> >http://www.imeem.com/trekkyrecords/video/2c6HSXzb/live_from_trekky_ho...
>
> > On May 26, 9:26 am, Will Hackney <willhac... AT gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Here we are with video number 2! Barghest (Jesse Ainslie of Castanets)=

> > > playing "There Is No Hiding" in the living room of Trekky House:
>
> > >http://www.imeem.com/trekkyrecords/video/caEFY292/trekky_records_live..=
.

ve...