ch-scene - Re: Durham Magazine

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: DJ Golf <djgolf AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Durham Magazine
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 07:18:55 -0700 (PDT)

Anybody seen NC Signature, the new even-more-upscale "sister mag" that
Our State is publishing? After perusing it at the dentist yesterday,
I can only guess that the name was chosen because "Repulsive Yuppie
Scum Illustrated" didn't test well with the focus groups. There's a
whole section on "Preppie Style" that you'd swear was parody. It
reminded me why I always carry a couple of old, beat-up golf balls in
my bag to bounce off the Hummers and Escalades whenever I get invited
to play at one of those ultra-snooty "golf communities" where they
ruin perfectly good golf courses by cramming overpriced cookie-cutter
houses up next to the fairways.