ch-scene - RE: Brass Section - for rock shows in chapel hill, north carolina

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Jeffrey Herrick <herrickjeffrey AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org, nlosborn AT ncsu.edu
  • Subject: RE: Brass Section - for rock shows in chapel hill, north carolina
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:48:25 -0700 (PDT)

This message below came across the google group but not on the ibiblio thing
(I think). Since it was brought up I thought it would be a good time to
mention that The Hercules Europe Brass is doing as much horn section projects
as we can find time for in Chapel Hill and Durham.. Its been great fun!

Heres our myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/herculeseuropebrass

come on and be our friend.. won't you?

I don't know Nate, but perhaps we can collaborate.

Hercules

"Hercules Europe Brass since 2007.. or 1973.. depending on the band"

***
Nate Wrote:

"All,
My name is Nate Osborne, I perform frequently in Raleigh, and Chapel
Hill North Carolina. I have worked with: Bull City, Wendy Spitzer,
Jeremy Gilchrist Project, Certifiable, Jeremy Lev Band, Tripp, Josh
Preslar's Blues Band, Teresa Middleton, Jason Harrod, Big Ron Hunters
Blues Band, Speak Easy Jazz Sessions, Loose Gravel Jazz Quartet,
Jefferson Dalby Jazz Quartet, Cle Thomson Jazz Quartet, Argus, Roberto
Orhelio, The Pneurotics, Grant Walker, North Carolina School of the
Arts Wind Ensemble, Winston-Salem Youth Symphony, The Greensboro Jazz
Orchestra, The Wake Forest Wind Ensemble, Bethania Brass Choir,
Raleigh Moravian Brass Choir. More of my musical background can be
found at (www.myspace.com/nathanielosborne).

I have seen a high need for a brass section to work with myself in a
number of my Chapel Hill and Raleigh projects. I am looking for:

Intellegent musicians looking to perform in local music bands, most
likely for low to no pay, whom can read music professionally,
improvise, play without sheet music (working to write their own parts
and work with the section), and have a good time. I consider myself a
real chill guy, love rocking out around town, and highly enjoy making
music in our musically vibrant region.

If you think your up for it please contact me at:

336.782.5636
nlosb... AT ncsu.edu - please no spamming or adding this email to a list!

All the Best, Keep Rockin!"