ch-scene - Re: Refurbished gear

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kevin Darbro <kdarbro AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Refurbished gear
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 16:42:39 -0400

Avoid any Edirol controllers. They go bad after a couple years. I have a PCR
55 (I believe) that two keys went bad on. Apparently, they are known to do
that and it's $100 fix unless you are really patient and want to do it
yourself, at which point, it will still cost you for new parts. With all the
labor involved in taking all the keys out and replacing the sensor pad, it
doesn't seem worth it.

Here's what I will get one of these days:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--NOVREMOTE61SL

Until then, I'm using my old Kurzweil K1000SE!

I'll break out the Edirol for knobs and faders and stuff for Reason and
Logic, but the automap feature of the Novation is supposedly pretty seamless
with a few quirks here and there.

- Kevin