ch-scene - Re: Well, at least Lou Reed agrees with me.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: chapelhillguitarist AT hotmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Well, at least Lou Reed agrees with me.
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:35:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 14, 12:19 pm, hepst... AT gmail.com (James Hepler) wrote:
> Dude, I'm now the one whose history here consists of whiny bitchitude and
> lashing out. I mean think about it. You whine about not being able to book
> a show, you whine that the unwashed masses are ruining music listening for
> you. This is shit we fretted about 13 years ago? Where were you?

Not here, unfortunately or you would have heard this then too.

I am of the opinion that pointing out areas of interest (booking, low
quality commercial music) on a forum is what forums are for and do not
consider this to be 'whining'. YMMV.

BTW, I took a lot of the advice given by you guys and it has worked.
I am now booking frequently with several local clubs. Of course due
to the potential negative ramifications of exposing my real identity,
I will refrain from doing that at this time. Let's just say being two-
faced and smily to people is the easiest way to get things done
whether you really mean it or not. Sad but true... humans are easy to
trick if you know how.