ch-scene - Re: Well, at least Lou Reed agrees with me.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <nospam AT spacelabstudio.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Well, at least Lou Reed agrees with me.
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:56:04 -0400

chapelhillguitarist AT hotmail.com wrote:

So am I to believe that the way the message is presented is more
important than the message itself when attempting to communicate via
this list?

Well, how you treat people does count for something. You will find that any human community, not just the local music scene, is easier to navigate if you don't start from an adversarial position. I don't know about more important, but, yes, it is important. Insulting people's intelligence is a proven way not to persuade them of your point of view.

The substance of your argument, however, above and beyond the way you choose to present it, is, as others have pointed, myopic and narrow, since you seem to be incapable of understanding or acknowledging that intelligent, reasonable people might make individual choices that differ from your own regarding their music consumption. In both form and substance your argument is immature and unreasonable, and your participation has turned a reasonable discussion among mature adults into something else entirely.

Chris