ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of March 7, 2008

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Todd Morman" <tmorman AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of March 7, 2008
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 23:16:07 -0500

Just got back from a First Friday gallery hop and noticed that Ross - who is
truly beyond reproach for decades of these announcements - missed a couple
of interesting Berkeley Cafe shows this week, both from NC locals: Unknown
Hinson tonight (which I found out about from a local artist chick and her
boytoy hanging out in front of Lump) and Robbie Fulks Sunday night (which I
just found out about by going to www.berkeleycafe.net/events.html).

I'd be sore tempted to see Robbie "Fuck This Town" Fulks, whose albums have
always included a couple of awesome NewCountryAltWhatever tunes, if only a)
Skip hadn't recently started up AVgeekdom at his house again, and b) my
ex-roomie and I weren't salivating at the thought of a DVR'd last episode of
The Wire as soon as we leave Skip's. Anyone without those two problems
should go see him and report back.

Anyone see Unknown Hinson tonight? Was it good?

todd met a couple of Cuntry Kings at Lump who said they're kickstarting
themselves back up with a drag show at the Cradle on Saturday March 22 they
were smart and funny women I'll bet that's true on stage too morman