ch-scene - Re: Did Ruckus Kill Schoolkids?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "James Hepler" <hepstyle AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Did Ruckus Kill Schoolkids?
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 13:51:47 -0500

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 1:34 PM, <chapelhillguitarist AT hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 5, 1:29 pm, hepst... AT gmail.com (James Hepler) wrote:
> > I don't care if you have a differing opinion than Norm, whoever that is.
> > be true to the timeline here, I was making fun of you for lashing out at
> > people who DARE to own iPods or use iTunes. Other than that, I just
> think
> > you're silly and worthy of public ridicule.
> >
> > This list has been dying for some good ole back and forth and I'm happy
> > oblige. BTW, did you ever think that maybe you were having trouble
> > booking shows for the bands you manage because they play songs at the
> wrong
> > bitrate? Glenn?
> >

> Your hypocrisy is laughable and expected.
>
> 'norm' is something that you educated types should have learned in
> high school and freshman year of college.

I know what it is. I just don't know why you care so much about the norm.
That is, I don't know why it's so important for people whio live outside the
norm to advertise it all over the place. And I don't know why people who
live outside the norm think that they're superior because of it. We all
exist within the norm in some aspect of our lives and we all live outside
the norm in others. I think that lording your superior grasp of audio
quality is among the more petty subjects about which to feel superior.

> 'Silly'? heh. You know what is also 'silly'? Trying to have an
> intelligent conversation with persons like yourself who seem to think
> that they know it all and have seen it all so no other person's
> opinion is valid.

I think that it's simply awesome that you're referring me to the know-it-all
here. Awesome because at the beginning of the thread you were referring to
people like me as the opposite.

Stay in your myopic world and enjoy your shallow life.

Oh, now you're trying to tell me what to do. NO! I'm gonna go throw my
Evil Empire iPod out the window and download the ogg vorbis plugin for
Winamp RIGHT NOW. Pttth.

(forgive me if winamp automatically comes with the ogg vorbis codec.
remember, I'm ape eared.)