ch-scene - Re: First No Depression, then Schoolkids and now...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: nathan oliver <surferrosa AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: First No Depression, then Schoolkids and now...
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 15:15:40 -0800 (PST)

We played at Blend and it was a disaster. No employees showed up to
let us (and the sound guy) in. Then when the bartender showed up an
hour later, we set up with the other bands. They wouldn't let us
start because they didn't have a door person. They let people in but
didn't charge them at first. So the crowd and bands were just sitting
around waiting for the door guy. Then about an hour after we were
supposed to play some other employee wandered in to cover the door and
he sorted through everyone and made them pay.

Blah.

I know someone that worked there, he said it was unstable from the get
go, and quit.

2 cents.
nathan

On Feb 27, 12:17 pm, local... AT gmail.com wrote:
> ...I hear that Blend (once Wetlands) is closing....glenn

  • Re: First No Depression, then Schoolkids and now..., nathan oliver, 03/01/2008