ch-scene - Re: Did Ruckus Kill Schoolkids?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Bryk <chscene AT bryk.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Did Ruckus Kill Schoolkids?
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 00:47:03 -0500

My best suggestion here would be a tool called Ampache, which runs on
top of an Apache/MySQL/PHP stack, installs in about 20 minutes, and
provides a pseudo-WinAmp-like web interface for both audio and Flash
streaming and downloading your music. It can transcode to MP3, OGG,
FLAG, and AAC on the fly if you've got the codecs installed, it can
control numerous 'remote stereo' devices, and we've found it to be
really useful for both sharing and enjoying music here at the
StevoPad. Believe me, there's nothing like cueing the dulcet tones of
Rick Astley to play over the stereo via the Internet, giving you the
power to annoy your roommates from anywhere on the planet.

[guffaw.]

back in th' day we had this functionally similar thing called mislabelled cassettes left in roommate boom-boxes.
sadly, there's no wikipedia entry for "crystal belle scrodd album taped over nick drake tape"

and thanks for that Ampache tip!