ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of February 8, 2008

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of February 8, 2008
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 11:01:22 -0800 (PST)

One more thing that I'll add here, but really is more applicable to
the other local music thread (...who decides.) Something I'm seeing a
lot more lately is repeat bills taking place where the same two or
three bands are playing together at multiple venues in a short time-
period.

As mentioned in that thread, overplaying is a problem in this area to
begin with given the number of venues. Each show should be exciting or
special, and there is nothing interesting about the same package of
bands playing together over and over again - in fact, it's quite
boring.

Just say 'no.' Sometimes?...glenn