ch-scene - Re: It's election season again . . .

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kelly <radiofury AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: It's election season again . . .
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 12:37:21 -0800 (PST)

> Is it not selling out if you never had the thing (idealism, naive
> dreams) to sell in the first place?

Well, you don't really have to "sell" anything if you don't need
money. I figure if you're already working for The Man and still in
college then someone is pulling strings for you. Usually strings-
pullers have cash... bringing us back around to the lack of needing to
sell out if you already have a fat bank account.

I see this more as a Master-Blaster v/s Aunty Entity kind of thing.
College radio is an easy target in places where homogeneity reigns
supreme... like in student government. And elections are more about
posturing, than anything else.

To quote my friend toxic scott "if voting really mattered, then it
wouldn't be legal..."