ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of November 27, 2007

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: The Pneurotics <pneurotics AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of November 27, 2007
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 05:10:12 -0800 (PST)

UPDATE on Thurs November 29 Local 506 show:
Mingus Young will not be playing this show.

Thurs Nov 29 9pm Local 506-- FREE show!

The Pneurotics
www.myspace.com/pneurotics

Bull City
www.myspace.com/bullcitytheband

The Dry Heathens
www.myspace.com/dryheathens

c'mon out!
--- grady <grady AT ibiblio.org> wrote:

> Wednesday, November 28
> Dinosaur Jr (http://www.freakscene.net/)
> Awesome Color (http://awesomecolor.net)
> Lincoln Theater, Raleigh
>

> Wednesday, November 28
> Devil Doll (http://www.devil-doll.com/)
> Hideaway BBQ, Raleigh
>

> Wednesday, November 28
> Anaturale (http://www.myspace.com/anaturale)
> Athens Boys Choir
> (http://www.myspace.com/athensboyschoir)
> Rambo Boys Choir
> Nightlight, Chapel Hill
>

> Wednesday, November 28
> Hudson Falcons (http://www.hudsonfalcons.com/)
> Echelon
> First Wave
> Local 506, Chapel Hill
>

> Thursday, November 29
> Bull City (http://www.bullcitytheband.com/)
> Mingus Young (http://www.mingusyoung.com/)
> Local 506, Chapel Hill
>
> Bull City are a Crazy Horse-meets-Wilco-meets-Big
> Star kinda band from
> Durham, with extra guitar solos.
>

> Friday, November 30
> Jule Brown (http://www.julebrown.org)
> The Cave, Chapel Hill
>
> This is the early (7:30) show.
>

> Friday, November 30
> Hammer No More the Fingers (http://www.hnmtf.com)
> Gary B and the Notions
> (http://www.myspace.com/garybandthenotions)
> Bull City Headquarters, Durham
>
> Gary B & the Notions are from Baltimore, and that's
> all I can tell you.
> Hammer No More the Fingers are from Durham, and
> they're currently taking
> the Triangle by storm with their tight power-trio
> indierock.
>

> Friday, November 30
> The Cartridge Family
> (http://www.cartridge-family.com/)
> Monty Warren
> Sadlack's Heroes, Raleigh
>
> Cartridge Family have a new album out, or on its way
> out, but I haven't
> heard it yet (dangit). I was a big fan of their
> debut, in all its sloppy
> Johnny Thunders/Keith Richards rock-n-rollism.
>

> Friday, November 30
> Blank_Blank
> Embarrassing Fruits
> (http://www.myspace.com/embarrassingfruits)
> Kaleidoscope Death
> Summercamp Casanova
> Nightlight, Chapel Hill
>
> Joe Norkus of Embarrassing Fruits said:
>
> Subjective Collective showcase this Friday at the
> Nightlight. Performing
> will be:
>
> Embarrassing Fruits: hooky indie rock with an early
> 90's feel. Josh from
> Butterflies will be tickling the bass strings on
> this night.
>
> Blank Blank: noise pop with titles like "Party Poop"
> & "Old New Song"
> they are our best friends, and they could be your's
> too.
>
> Summercamp Casanova: Erik from Blank Blank's side
> project, they are my
> new favorite GSO band.

> [...]
=== message truncated ===

Make Yahoo! your homepage.