ch-scene - Re: 305 South to close

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "christopher rumbley" <c.rumbley AT duke.edu>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: 305 South to close
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:46:32 -0400

the city shouldnt exempt them - the city should support them. Didnt the
city build a parking deck to support the development of the american tobacco
campus? they could at least help bring this space up to code - some support
on the cities behalf would likely inspire the unity of those community
members who have offered help. I am a carpenter too and have also offered
my help - but i have done these projects where all the labor is volunteer
and the money is sparse - and it is nearly impossible to meet bureaucratic
expectations in that fashion. In my conversations with james and michelle -
they are still holding out hope - they havent entirely left off.