ch-scene - Re: I need tiny web site pages.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: MattHedt <DONT_SPAM_MEmfhedt AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: I need tiny web site pages.
  • Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 20:46:11 -0400

This is easy on a Windows machine, probably similar on a Mac.

How I would do it, : Screengrab the pages - I've used SnagIt (shareware)
in the past, it's pretty good. Lots of others for PC. It can "auto
scroll" and grab the whole page. Set a destination folder, fileformat,
and quality (e.g. jpeg 100%). You can quickly trigger the grab with a
keystroke. You can preview the snag and then save, but the quicker way
is to not preview - have it save to the folder directly after the grab
(preview off).

Printing -
Easy way is to print right out of the OS - on PC select the images,
right click select "print", select one of the multiple-images-per-page
layouts, be sure "fit to frame" is not selected.
Picasa (google's picture managing software, Windows only) does a similar
thing and a bit more elegantly. Select the folder and print, self
explanatory from there. Lets you preview all the pages.
Most photo-managing software will do a similar thing, possibly more
robust. Maybe what's on your Mac will also, if not download something.

Mac - just found this, looks easy right out of the Mac OS -
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/imagemanagementmac/ht/indexsheet.htm

This should work, if the different image lengths is a curveball then you
can resize them in one step with a Photoshop action, but I doubt it's
necessary.

-Matt