ch-scene - Re: Flying Burrito?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: poochio AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Flying Burrito?
  • Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 21:48:44 -0000

On Oct 6, 1:02 am, kx <k... AT invalid.com> wrote:
> In article <1191608884.137383.320... AT g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
>
> cmonj... AT gmail.com wrote:
> > The Flying Burrito will reopen under new ownership in January.
>
> I hope they keep the same menu. And redo the bathrooms. I've gone
> there every week for years.

We were regulars at the flying burrito for years. We were concerned
this summer when we saw them get an 85 or 86. We asked the waitress,
who said they got the low grade because they had a bunch of outdated
refrigeration equipment. We kept going anyway. Then, two weeks ago,
we met friends there for dinner and noticed that the rating sign was
down. I found that it had been placed face down on the edge of booth
right below where it had been hanging. I picked it up and found that
it now read 75! We asked the waitress (a different one this time),
who said that an inspector came in for a follow-up and noticed a
kitchen worker was doing something unsanitary, so the score was
dropped to 75. I just now had dinner at Pepper's on Franklin Street.
Our waitress was the one from the Flying Burrito who had explained the
75 rating. I asked if she was still working there, and she told me it
had closed. She didn't mention the re-opening. I'm glad it will re-
open, though. It was a nice change from the typical fare in the
area's Mexican restaurants. (Although there's always Margaret's).

. . . Philboyd Studge