ch-scene - Rumors & Hearsay

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: breed AT email.unc.edu
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Rumors & Hearsay
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:42:06 -0000

So, in case you haven't heard yet, we're throwing a party on Saturday.

It's gonna take place at Local 506 on Saturday (9/29) starting at 9
p.m. We've got lots of awesome surprises in store.

Also, there have been some rumors floating around, mostly started by
me, about this upcoming Fiesta de Dive. I'd like to take this
opportunity to clear them up a bit.

1. I hear there's gonna be pie.
As far as I know, this is true.
2. I hear Roy Williams is opening.
False. Roy Williams actually isn't that great at guitar. Reid
Johnson, however, is pretty rad and he's opening the show.
3. I hear Locopops is catering glow-in-the-dark popsicles.
Oh, man, I wish. That would be badass.
4. I hear there's gonna be a fly-over by the Blue Angels.
This is ludicrous. It'll be dark and the party's inside. That's
why we keep our Jetts on the stage.
5. I heard something about Diversions stickers, for everyone.
Yes sir. Or yes ma'am.
6. Free beer?
Ha ha. Nice try.
7. I heard there's going to be dance-party foam up to your ears, just
like Ibiza.
Maybe during Red Collar, but that's up to them.
8. Is Andy from The Nothing Noise really single?
Yes he is, and no, I can't believe it, either.
9. Somebody told me that I should wear safety goggles. Why is that?
The extreme levels of rocktasm at this party just might melt some
faces. You should take any necessary precautions.
10. Somebody told me that Whatchu Talkin' Bout Willis: A Loving
Tribute to Wesley Willis is playing.
Nope. We haven't practiced...ever.
11. Is the show really free?
Yes, unless you are between the ages of 18 and 21,in which case
N.C. liquor law, and henceforth club policy, mandates a $3 surcharge.
But really, that ain't too shabby.

  • Rumors & Hearsay, breed, 09/29/2007