ch-scene - The Hiatus, then we ate the High //house show party tonight

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Ryan Martin" <rymars AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: The Hiatus, then we ate the High //house show party tonight
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 12:45:02 -0400

9.29.07::::::::
SATURDAY NIGHT @ 404 Lindsay St (ne Philbog)
:::::::: House Party Redux// Multiple Band Orgy

BONER MACHINE <<< first show in ages, rare performance, ex-Nightlight Scene
(2003-2006 RIP) and some of the very finest local buskers bring you
shambolic naive intuitive folk and pop music from Carrboro. Once the scorn
of the local bar crowd, Facedowninshit fans, and other assorted rockers...
After this show, we are retiring the classic material ("The Whole Wide
World", "Hour of the Wolf", "Underage Tits"[ugh], etc) to begin anew, enter
2008 with all new material relevant to where we are in terms of our personal
development. I'm not kidding.
"It's like magic ... or like watching six people drown" - Lizzie Henricks.
"Now a slew of transient misfit demonites ready to pound your shit" - Joshua
Willis.

SLASHER RISK <<< duo from NYC two guitars, drums, shifting instrumentation
producing an some tough reductive psychedelic rock noise with compelling
psyche-wavering primalism. Saw them last night and they are GOOD, dubious
band name aside.

LOPEZ ATTITUDE <<< house harsher noise band

USABABY <<< Matt + Laura Parson's teenaged grunge punk outfit, it's like
1992 over again, done as it should be - ought to enrapture the young and
young at heart, undismissable roots forgotten / dosremembered (Nirvana,
"Nevermind")

plus touring pop from the Rotten Apple:

SHOCK CINEMA

et

DRAGONS of ZYNTH.

STARTS 9ishPM, Boner Machine wrapping things up round midnight perhaps // 3
dollar donation for tourists
reggae btween bands
You ringing chapel bells

With Love

Ryan

  • The Hiatus, then we ate the High //house show party tonight, Ryan Martin, 09/29/2007