ch-scene - Re: somewhat OT: chapel hill cabs

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: MattHedt <DONT_SPAM_MEmfhedt AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: somewhat OT: chapel hill cabs
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:57:58 -0400

My taxi experiences in town over the last couple of years have been
horrible. The latest was when the GF tried to get a cab for a buddy at
OCSC - 1 hour wait she was told. So they walked home and I called every
cab co. in the book. NONE answer on first call. Finally get through to
two and they say 1 hour. Ended up driving him home across town myself at
2:30 in the am. We figured he could have taken the one hour walk home
and made it quicker.

So the taxi service definitely can suck, and is probably worst at bar
closing time on weekends or oddly busy nights.

-Matt