ch-scene - somewhat OT: chapel hill cabs

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: chris.clemmons AT juno.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: somewhat OT: chapel hill cabs
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:26:18 -0000

So, my wife and I were out late in Chapel Hill the other night and
had, uh, a lot of alcohol and thought it wise not to drive home. I
tried calling the two cab companies I had stored in my cel and got
nothing but a busy signal from one and no answer from the other for
like ten or fifteen minutes. Fortunately a friend (who had not had a
lot of alcohol) offered us a ride so we made it home OK.

Anyway, my question is this: having not tried to take a late-night cab
home in Chapel Hill since we moved there about a year and a half ago,
and having now had this experience, should I expect that I won't be
able to get in touch with one and plan accordingly? CAC