ch-scene - Re: somewhat OT: chapel hill cabs

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: somewhat OT: chapel hill cabs
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:31:46 -0700

> Anyway, my question is this: having not tried to take a late-night cab
> home in Chapel Hill since we moved there about a year and a half ago,
> and having now had this experience, should I expect that I won't be
> able to get in touch with one and plan accordingly? CAC

On this very night, I tried to call the normally reliable (to answer
the phone, at least) Tar Heel taxi located around the corner from 506
and could not get an answer after several attempts. I suggested the
patron walk to their office, so not sure how that ended up...but I've
never had that experience before and I call a lot of cabs while
bartending.

I think this weekend had more to do with it also being a football game
night to...and since it was close, people were overly celebrating
(unlike past football blowouts!)

glenn