ch-scene - Re: guitar lessons for teen?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Jeremy Blair" <jerblar AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: guitar lessons for teen?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:17:49 -0400

My advice to all beginners is to purchase the most expensive guitar you can
afford. The better a guitar sounds, the more you will want to pick it up
and play. As a beginner, you want your guitar to reward you with beautiful
tone when you are playing a chord correctly. Cheap tinny sounding guitars of
the $100 variety have the reverse effect and even if you are playing well,
the guitar may sound so poor that you wouldn't even know you are playing
well and eventually lose interest all together. A cheap guitar will cost
more in the long run kinda thing....