ch-scene - Re: guitar lessons for teen?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <nospam AT spacelabstudio.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: guitar lessons for teen?
  • Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 09:19:54 -0400

Music Loft in Carrboro should sell him a decent first guitar and they'll probably know who he can take lessons from as well.

chris

Lisa Drake wrote:
My 16 year old just told me he wants to learn how to play guitar.
(1) Where do I get a cheap (but OK) guitar?

(2) Where does he get lessons? We live in Heritage Hills, he goes to Carrboro HS. We're looking for inexpensive, here...

He's been in band (played trumpet) but never done guitar before. He doesn't have a license yet so driving somewhere is out.
Any ideas welcome.