ch-scene - More fun on Saturday

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: paok <bluefreaky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: More fun on Saturday
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 12:19:25 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

(This info via Charlie Hearon, one of the founders and owners of FrequeNC
Records. b/t/w, Datahata is none other than Zeke Graves, formerly of Cold
Sides fame. Really, his sets are not to be missed.)

phaedra

this back-to-school release party is gonna be so fun.
please come out !!!! come at 9 and i hope we'll have
a movie on. but come early we have a ton of music.

live sets by......
DATAHATA
ELIOT LIPP
$TINKWORX
RICKY DOLLARS

djs.....
SPECULATOR
THE MOTHERSBROTHERS

and as always lights, fog, movies....

DATAHATA = superhot electro/techno/disco grooves dripping with
sounds of undersea caverns. it's also the RELEASE PARTY for
his EP on frequeNC recs !!!!!! this record is so good, i promise.
get it at the party for only $6.

ELIOT LIPP (nyc) = i'm not sure i can describe this. but it will be fresh.
i know he does hip hop production. so i think it will be an electronic
set drawing on some different influences. yep. now you can picture
it.

$TINKWORX = local/international guru of DEEP HOUSE FLAVA.
should be an original set just for the show. trust me, if you were
european, you'd be calling your mom and saying, "i saw $tinkworx
walking down the street, he lives in the same town as me."

RICKY DOLLARS = the hottest lawyer/mc on the block. he makes
beats too. he may be doing some remix work for frequeNC soon.

SPECULATOR (nyc) = from the absurd to ultra-rare to ultra-deep to
more absurd - guaranteed to be a wicked fun. will rocks a lot of parties
and holds down a great radio show up in nyc. he's also responsible
for bringing some good live stuff down here in the past.

THE MOTHERSBROTHERS = picking up the slack, but i'm not sure
if there will be much. i do have new records if called upon.

  • More fun on Saturday, paok, 08/31/2007