ch-scene - Re: nearby tubing

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Duncan Murrell <dvmurrell AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: nearby tubing
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:54:57 -0400

Deep River, Chatham County.

From: John Shadle

was wondering if anyone could recommend nearby (NC/VA/TN) tubing and

I'll start by saying the outdoors just isn't my scene, but I've been to
the Dan River, just above Winston Salem. The water may or may not be at the
most desirable level but you can have the bus drop you off at a spot that
takes all damn day to tube back to civilization (where you parked your car)
or an hour to tube back. I don't know anything about camping anywhere, but
all I saw from the river was the woods, so I guess you can camp there...and
I had hypothermia settling into me IN freakin AUGUST. Hell with that
outdoors shit.

Rawls