ch-scene - Re: Slint

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Doug Sutton <creeksidedls AT mindspring.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Slint
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:08:17 -0400

They came out and played Spiderland in its entirety, in order. It was extremely faithful to the record, as if they were being graded on how accurately they could duplicate it. But don't get me wrong, it sounded great and I enjoyed every bit of it. Quite interesting to watch Pajo do all those guitar parts. After Spiderland, they did three or maybe four instrumental pieces, and then that was it, about an hour long.

I realize that the music is what made that record famous, but I really love the words. Darkness and weirdness.

thegav AT hotmail.com wrote:
Did anybody go? Was hoping for some devoted fan to recap the show in
excruciating detail.