ch-scene - Re: Slint

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <nospam AT spacelabstudio.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Slint
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:47:15 -0400

Sorry, the song is called "Good morning, Captain."

chris

Chris Rossi wrote:
Didn't see the show. The only song that really blew my mind from the album back in the day was the "Oh captain" song. I think that song alone, though, might be sufficiently mind blowing to warrant their canonization.

chris

thegav AT hotmail.com wrote:
Did anybody go? Was hoping for some devoted fan to recap the show in
excruciating detail.

Also, was "Spiderland" really that great or just fortunate to have
lasting praise bestowed on it? Hard to get one's head back to 1991
(was it?) and remember how otherworldly it sounded. In other words,
it'd be hard to play for any kids today and sufficiently demonstrate
its weight and groundbreakability.

Anyways,
GAVIN